Is it just me or are cooking and multi-tasking two things that just don’t go together?
With scorched two pans on my cooking resume, you’d think that I’d have learnt my lesson by now.
But NO, I keep over estimating my abilities and voila – another burnt pot just the other day while trying to boil water.
(Yes I’m horrible, I know.)
As you can guess, I’m now a skilled veteran at getting scorched pots and pans clean.
It used to take a lot of elbow grease to get all the burnt on oil and proteins off my pans, but once I learned this trick, cleaning scorched pots and pans became incredibly easy.
Okay, so it still takes a little bit of time, but at least the hard scrubbing is not as much.
Plus, this solution is chemical-free, and 100% eco-friendly.
So feel free to burn your pots and pans, it’s okay. Just don’t forget to leave a comment when you do so I don’t feel so bad about myself. 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water (or enough to cover the bottom of your pan)
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- A green scouring pad (but NOT steel wool)
Here’s how to get your scorched pots and pans clean in 6 easy steps:
- Fill the pot or pan with a layer of water, enough to completely submerge the bottom.
- Add vinegar.
- Bring the pan to a boil. You should notice that the pan is starting to look a little cleaner already.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the baking soda.
**Fizz Alert: Remember those volcano projects in elementary school? Mixing baking soda and vinegar is how you make the lava.**
- Empty the pan and use the green scouring pad to scrub the burnt areas of the pan. It should come off pretty easily. If necessary, add an extra bit of dry baking soda to the burnt areas while scrubbing.
- If there are any stubborn burnt on bits that don’t come off with some harder scrubbing, make a paste of baking soda and a couple of drops of water. Leave the paste on the marks for a few minutes then try scrubbing the spot again.
Yay! You can now go back to frying those meatballs or burning oil, guilt free.
Scrubbi is a Winnipeg residential cleaning service that cleans homes in major cities throughout Canada including Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, and Winnipeg.